Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, October 18, 2010

Elbow Update

Jeff writes:

Last Friday afternoon I was the happy beneficiary of much pain as Dr. Becky at Kudjip Nazarene hospital removed a bunch of green gunk from my infected elbow.

She took out a chunk of what she called necrotic (dead) tissue about 1.5 cm by 1 cm across and a full 1 cm deep. My once healthy flesh had been destroyed by the infection. By Sunday night the redness surrounding my elbow had subsided, and for the most part it appears that the infection is nearly gone. There is still some puss in the wound, but I am hoping and praying that I have turned the corner.

Right now I am taking a combination of 24 anti-biotic pills round the clock. In addition to the flu cloxicillin I had been given, Dr. B is having me take chloramphenciol. Lord willing with Dr. B's fine work, these drugs, and your prayers the elbow will heal.

A good friend of mine Dan, who is a veteran missionary in PNG, tells me that I am now officially a member of  "I have a hole in my body caused by a tropical infection missionary club."

Isn't God good?

PS The picture shows a cotton ball that we stuffed into the hole after being saturated with hydrogen peroxide and iodine. For those with stronger constitutions I can send you a photo of the hole without the cotton.

1 comment:

EG said...

I'm extremely thankful that's a cotton ball. I thought it was fungus on your elbow.