Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Salvation Poem

Jeff writes ...

In the class I teach on the Holy Spirit, I gave an assignment to the students to write a thank you to the Lord for their salvation. It could have been in the form of a poem, or a prayer, or a song or a drawing. Below is a poem I received. The student gave me permission to publish it. I will publish more as time permits.

Why na mi Bikpela? (Why me, Lord?)
by Joro Girupano

Did you call me, a man from a distant village?
Did you seek me, a man without hope nor future?
Do you need me, a man bound in sin for eternal death?
A sinner condemned with guilt, shame and fear?
Why na mi Bikpela?

Enemies confronted me every day to destroy my life,
The snares of enemies all around me.
What joy shall my enemies have to destroy an innocent life like mine?
From one village to another I seek refuge to hide from my foes.
Why na mi Bikepela?

Your calling is eternal, so I rose up and responded.
Your seeking was genuine, so I chose to obey you.
Your interest in me was divine, so I thank you Lord,
For you have redeemed me,
For you have predestined me,
And now I am bound to Christ
Having eternal life.
Now I enjoy victory, freedom and joy in Christ,
And with no regret I repeat ...
Why na mi Bikpela?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The poem is beautiful and gives me the spirt of Old Testament writing especially the words of David. How fortunate the gentleman is to have such an inspiring teacher. Joyce McDowell