Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Water Filter Update

Jeff writes:

I am a bit discouraged over the water filter.

The day before yesterday I went to prepare the filter to do another test of its water quality and discovered that some child had pulled the water supply hose off. Fortunately, I discovered this before the water level fell too far.

I then wound the supply hose around the top of the filter to keep it out of reach. However, a section of the hose connected to the supply faucet proved too tempting to swing on, so when I came back in the afternoon that end of the hose had been pulled off. This time the water had drained all the way out of the filter causing all of the organisms in the schmutzdecke to die.

This has set our work back two weeks.

Sometimes I just want to get on a plane and go home, but then I try to settle down and remind myself that this is my home. So my student co-workers and I will keep trying.

Please pray that the parents of those kids will be able to keep them away from the filter.

No comments: