Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blesing Tru! (It's a Real Blessing)

Sue says:

Well! We had an answer to prayer, but the answer didn't come in the way we expected. Some of you will remember that Jeff's low-top hiking boots were stolen off our porch a couple weeks ago. Jeff asked for prayer that the boots would be returned. He put up signs about a reward for their return. He talked about the boots to village folks. No report on the boots.

But our son offered to ship us his used heavy duty waterproof hiking boots and heavy socks that he wasn't using. We thought we'd give it a try. Although DHL promised a due date three days later than Jeff's departure date for Kokoda, we picked up the boots today. PTL! They're even better than the other boots were. They have high tops that will keep him from twisting an ankle. And second-hand goods come into the country cheaper than new ones.


OK. You can't see the boots so well, but you can see that Jeff is in shape and ready for his big Kokoda Trek.

Jeff here:

I just finished ten laps going up and down Vision Hill. The boots appear to be all right. I need to wear them a lot in the coming days to make sure that my feet don't blister.

Oh, for those who are REALLY interested ... I cut and filed all of my toe nails today. The time that I hiked Mt. Wilhelm I lost seven toe nails because my foot keep crunching up against the toe of my shoes while going down the steeps. Lord willing it won't happen on this trek.

No comments: