Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, September 10, 2010

Term Three Closes

Sue says:
As the sun was coming up this morning, I was watering in my garden. The sky was showing sunrise pinks.  It's peaceful and still in the garden at that time. The lettuces are doing quite well. Some corn, green peppers, tapiok, peanuts, green onions, strawberries and peas are established. It's still wait-and-see with ginger, carrots, and recently transplanted tomato and cabbage. The lilies pictured above are blooming in the garden.

Next came Scripture-reading time. I wanted to read one of the letters Paul wrote from his first imprisonment in Rome because my class just finished the Book of Acts. Paul was in prison at the end of Acts, but he wrote several letters to congregations and individuals while he was there. Philippians is one of the books he wrote to a church he had established. He was writing to nurture the new Christians in their faith. Verse six of chapter one is one I pray for all my past and present students as we close term three of this college year.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.


   

No comments: