Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Return to Work Progresses Smoothly

Sue says:

Walking the round-trip kilometer to class and back and teaching one hour per day has worked well for this transition week after hepatitis. Our dean of studies and the faculty and students have been understanding and supportive of my interim solution. And what a boost it has been to get to see everyone again! I returned home after the daily outing and rested the remainder of the time. 

Little by little, I'm able to take back cooking, folding clothes and other home chores. Jeff has been kind to cheerfully do so much at home, but he won't miss the added responsibility as I'm able to take it back. The flowers pictured above are some I just cut from our garden. I especially like the red-and-yellow leaves of the coleus with the dahlias and daisies (cosmos?). There are nice heads of lettuce, strawberries, green onions and tapiok to eat from the garden now. I'm glad to be able to go out and be a part of things more. 

A verse I've been thinking on in my convalescence: Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him (Psalm 103:13).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you are doing better Sue. Hard to be down when there is so much going on and needs to be done around you. We trust you will soon return to full health and strength. The flowers are gorgeous. You sound like a great gardner.