Subscribe via email

If you wish to receive our blog updates automatically via email, enter your email address below and then click on "Subscribe." If you wish, you may always "unsubscribe" later.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Nostalgia

Sue says:

I saw a picture of a maple tree turning color in Blacksburg this week. It made me nostalgic for home. The family will be planning Thanksgiving and a family meal. Hmm. Won't be there.

A couple pumpkins were at hand. Pumpkins here are green when ripe. See the one on the right above. It's flesh is the same orange color inside that North Americans are used to. You can see the seeds, left,  are similar too. I toasted them in the oven and they taste good salted.

Fall always inspires me to bake. That crispness in the air makes it cool enough that heating up the oven doesn't make the house too hot. I got out my mother's pumpkin cookie recipe. 


Since I was going to bake anyway, I started some bread rising while I baked cookies.

Though it isn't fall here, I made a little arrangement of the bounty from the garden and the kneading bowl. I miss you, Loved Ones At Home. Thinking of you today.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Thanks for all the updates! I prayed for you today as I read your post. :)
~Lorie Z.

Unknown said...

Thanks Grafs for being so faithful with your blog. I often read it late at night as I'm winding down and then I'm too tired to reply with sense! I enjoy all you write! And can identify with so much. Fall has been so beautiful this year, but so short and our nights are down at freezing point. Often think of you and praise God for your availability to all there at CLTC. Blessings on you both.